|Job Title:||Theatre Nurses|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Cox|
St George Hospital is based in South East Sydney Local Health District, and are recruiting experienced Theatre nurses to join their expanding facility. St George is undergoing a $300m redevelopment building a new Acute Services Building. This Building will include eight new operating theatres with state of the art technology and equipment.
Theatre nurses ideally will have worked within Pre-operative care, Anaesthetic, Surgical and Recovery phases including:
- Working in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team and various other specialists to ensure optimal patient care.
- Communicating with patient to ensure they are fully informed about the risks and benefits of the operation, and that they are in a good state of health for the operation.
- Supporting the Anaesthetist when required, assisting in the preparation of specialist equipment, devices and drugs.
- Preparing all required surgical instruments / equipment (microscopes, lasers, endoscopes).
- Supporting the Surgeon providing instruments, needles, swabs and other materials as required.
- Monitor patient’s health post surgery, providing appropriate care and treatment until the patient has recovered from the effects of anaesthesia and / or surgical procedure.
- Establish good communication between patient, their relatives and all visitors to the Theatre Department.
- Ensure that equipment is correctly handled and maintained in safe working order.
- To adhere to Theatre and Hospital procedures and policies.
- Actively participate in continuous professional development.
- Registered General Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (MNC).
- A minimum of 18 months post registration experience with 12 months experience working within an Operating Theatre in an acute hospital within the last 3 years.
- Peri-operative course desirable.
For an application pack email Elizabeth at email@example.com or call 087 125 1531.