|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Duration:||Fixed Term Contracts|
|Contact Name:||David Walsh|
We are currently recruiting for the position of Quality Engineer on a fixed-term contract.
Functional Area: Quality
Career Framework Title: Quality Specialist
Internal Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Level: Band 8
This is an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to get involved in a significant project with Celestica Galway. This role will be responsible for supporting the new product family manufactured in Celestica liaising with Production, Engineering, Supply Chain and Customer contacts. This is a hands-on role that requires the integration of best practice quality processes that must conform to ISO 13485 standards. This role will support escalations and provide input and expertise in the operational Medical Device business.
This position will report to the Quality Manager.
- Production support on all quality-related matters
- Identifies process problems that lead to throughput, yield, on-time delivery or performance issues. Develops corrective or preventative actions after thorough root cause analysis.
- Creates concise and accurate on-time technical reports. Clearly communicate results internally and to the Customer.
- Maintains the NCMR (Non-conforming Material Report) database and the physical NCMR system. Chair non-conforming materials decision making events and ensure timely and accurate administration.
- Acts as the customer conduit for quality change issues and for quality response issues as appropriate. Needs to be familiar with and competent in the use of interfacing ERP software for files transfer and for general information sharing.
- Participates in the Internal Audit Programme.
- Develops working relationships and effective information flow with other departments and within the Quality department.
- Creates and evaluates metrics to drive the quality improvement process.
- Maintains structured files and records in line with internal & ISO documentation standards.
- Identifies organisational training needs and assist in carrying out the necessary training.
- Works on continuous improvement activities to reduce cost while maintaining quality levels.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and quality standards and SPC methodologies.
- Be a competent practitioner using relevant corrective action systems (e.g. CAPA / 8D).
- Excellent customer contact, negotiation, and problem resolution skills.
- Good presentation, database management, and computer skills.
- Ability to evaluate materials, gather and analyse data and determine the root cause of problems.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and coordinate multiple, changing deadlines.
- Can work effectively on their own and in a team environment.
- Good knowledge of ISO9001/ISO13485
- Good knowledge of ERP Software
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in working in a manufacturing environment (2-3 years’ experience).
- The experience of 6 Sigma quality methods would be a distinct advantage.
- Relevant third level qualification.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available