|Job Title:||Purchasing Specialist - Part time|
Our Global Manufacturing client based in Sligo Town is seeking to hire a Purchasing Specialist on a Part-Time basis. This role would be ideal for someone looking for a flexible Part-time position or to increase their hours with a secondary job. This role will be 20 hours per week on-site. The role of the Purchasing Specialist is to liaise with key suppliers, negotiate the company's purchasing agreements and make sure their materials and products meet the company's requirements for cost, delivery and quality.
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2 years of relevant Purchasing experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the Manufacturing or Medical device industry is desirable.
- Ability to work within a multi-departmental role, liaising with a number of HODs.
- Excellent communication skills with very good attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship-building skills – as you will be dealing with high-value suppliers and clients of the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the best quality, terms, price etc. is achieved.
- Sourcing and identifying new suppliers to the business
- Updating the purchasing records and system with supplier interactions and pricing
- Deal with any incoming queries from suppliers
- Completing all relevant purchasing documentation in line with company policies and procedures.
- Work to and within the Quality Management system.