|Job Title:||Project Accountant|
|Salary:||€50,805 pa pro rata|
|Contact Name:||Aileen Fitzgerald|
Project Accountant - Pensions & Investments
Contract role, specifically to review 360 files and tabulate estimated pension entitlement at the date of retirement, (including annual pension, Lump sum, Spouse's death in service & death in retirement) at the date of retirement in a format that includes the number and associated cost of added years:
- Based on calculation applied in line with the Scheme
- Based on custom & practice calculation
Review of files and tabulation of pension entitlements will include the following steps:
- Open most recent prepared Pension Statement (excel file)
- Check if any change in employment status (Log into Payroll & confirm still Part Time / Full Time etc), Salary and OAP (Old Age Pension) versus most recent prepared Pension Statement (excel file)
- Confirm all unpaid periods / TRR (non-pensionable) are reflected in latest Pension Statement (Log into Payroll & check if excel file includes all unpaid periods).
- Update most recent prepared Pension Statement (excel file) as appropriate.
- Contact employee (via email) and (if applicable) former public sector employers (via email) requesting information regarding prior service not yet advised. (Note: Staff & former public sector employers were sent a similar request for this information in 2012/2013).
- Record pension entitlements in an excel sheet (ensuring calculations are in line with the updated prepared Pension Statement).
- Ensure the final report accurately shows for the 20 years post retirement for each employee the following:
- Annual cost in line with Scheme
- Annual cost in line with custom & practice
- The annual additional cost of custom & practice versus scheme
SPECIAL FEATURES OF JOB:
The successful candidate will have
- Accounting qualification or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in pension administration in the third level sector is highly desirable.
- Excellent organisation and IT skills with a highly developed knowledge of MS Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience in Core payroll/HR is desirable
- Attention to details is an absolute requirement.
- Excellent customer-focused communication, interpersonal and social skills.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available