|Job Title:||Production Supervisor|
|Contact Name:||Cliona Gavin|
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Production function. We are looking for individuals who will support and drive this Pharma company vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
Delivery & Continuous Improvement:
- Liaising with warehousing, quality assurance, and other relevant parties to ensure prompt production of a product.
- Interacting and liaising with the other manufacturing teams and Logistics to prioritize orders in accordance with the schedule.
- Actively resolve issues to reduce downtime through re-allocation of resources or escalation of issues.
- Managing process and material flows and space management within the area
- Monitor and improve line/equipment capacity to meet business needs
- Manufacture/pack product to GMP / regulatory standards as outlined in company documentation.
- Accurate completion of all necessary documentation, and review of work orders prior to signing off.
- Updating of visual management boards & presentation of board metrics.
- Carry out IPC checks as outlined in company documentation.
- Ensure machines/equipment are maintained and working correctly.
- Carry out minor machine/equipment adjustments as appropriate
- Ensure all materials and equipment is available for the line to run smoothly.
- Organise efficient line clearances, review cleaning logs and sign accordingly.
- Perform line and room clearances.
- Liaise with and collaborate with Quality Assurance to ensure that the product is being produced at acceptable levels of quality. Suggest improvements for quality where appropriate
- Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training documentation is complete and filed.
- Completion and review of Manufacturing and packaging batch documentation when needed.
- Ensure SOP’s and CI’s are up to date and circulated
- Assist with the investigations and closeout of deviations through the Quality Management System
- Assist with Internal and External Audits.
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members
- Conduct regular GMP walks of the area.
- The Production Supervisor will lead and motivate production teams to achieve production KPI’s within their areas.
- Ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner and escalating to Production Manager where appropriate.
- Consistently applying Company Group Policies
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through team meetings, annual reviews, daily interaction on the line Liaising with Training Specialist on programs to ensure standardization and training projects are complied with.
- Assist with employee onboarding.
- Administration duties including Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc.
Health & Safety:
- Responsible for ensuring that all H&S policies and procedures are adhered to by driving H&S compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring that all site and emergency evacuation procedures are followed.
- Responsible for the compiling and completion of accident reports and near-miss
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience in operating technical equipment within a highly regulated manufacturing industry is essential. Experience in the manufacturing process of either Solid dosage, Liquid dosages or operation of Blister Packing Machinery.
- Proven leadership capabilities. Experience as team lead, relief supervisor desirable.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required.
- Proven problem solver with a positive pro-active attitude
- Decision-making abilities are essential.
- Willingness to undertake training in Supervisory Management and internal systems to include TMS, QPULSE, Perito, and partake in continuous professional development.
- Flexibility on shift is a requirement of the role.
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills, and prioritising competing demands are key communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and manage diverse personalities and viewpoints.
- The ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer.
- Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business is important role-modelling.
- Demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organization. Professional expertise.
- Strong working knowledge of best practice processes, change management implementation, coaching and mentoring.
- Proven people management capabilities. Ability to motivate a team and collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- A positive and proactive person who is energized by having great responsibility
- Practical, action-orientated approach to managing priorities and teams.
- Possesses the required job skills and knowledge and effectively applies them to work assignments, willingly mentors staff and shares knowledge, seeks/applies innovative and relevant techniques.
- Work consistently exceeds expectations of quality, quantity, customer service and timeliness
- Consistently communicates in a clear, effective, timely, concise and organized manner, is articulate and persuasive in presenting, soliciting complex or sensitive data
- Consistently resolves team problems and promotes improvements
- Ability to implement innovative policies, resources and technology to maximize efficiency and service
- Demonstrates behaviours in line with the Company Values.
- The above is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.