Midwife - South East Sydney
|Job Title:||Midwife - South East Sydney|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Cox|
St George Hospital is based in South East Sydney Local Health District, and are looking for experienced Midwives to join their Maternity Services Unit. The Maternity Service at St George’s Hospital was transformed from a traditional, medically dominated culture to one flexible, woman centered and with a continuity of midwifery care. St George Hospital has a designated Birth Centre since 1990, where woman can have natural childbirth and direct care from midwives. St George’s Caseload Model of Care was the first in New South Wales, but today there are many of them around NSW and Australia!
Midwives will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and examining women during pregnancy;
- Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programmes of care;
- Providing full antenatal care, including screening tests in the hospital, community and the home;
- Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists;
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education;
- Providing counselling and advice before and after screening and tests;
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labour, monitoring the condition of the foetus and using knowledge of drugs and pain management;
- Giving support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds;
- Liaising with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care;
- Participating in the training and supervision of junior colleagues.
- Registered Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (MNC).
- A Minimum of two years experience in Midwifery acute setting.
For an application pack or further information please call or email Elizabeth on 087 125 1531 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available