|Job Title:||Marketing and Events Administrator|
We are excited to announce our partnering with Diabetes Ireland for the recruitment of a Marketing and Events Administrator based in their regional office in Sligo Town.
Diabetes Ireland is the only national charity in Ireland dedicated to helping people with diabetes. They achieve this by providing support, education and motivation to everyone affected by diabetes and their families. They also raise public awareness of diabetes and its symptoms and fund research into finding a cure for diabetes.
- Business, Marketing or Communication Qualification (Level 8 Degree).
- One-year relevant work experience.
- Well-developed IT skills - Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Proficient with various tools/software relevant to social media marketing and website maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with members, colleagues, donors, non-members and the general public.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and attention to detail with a results-focused attitude is important.
- Some knowledge and understanding of diabetes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the Senior Marketing Executive at Diabetes Ireland, you will provide digital marketing support across all Diabetes Ireland’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) for all aspects of Diabetes Ireland’s education, support, care, advocacy and fundraising services.
- Provide support in the organisation and promotion of the Diabetes Health Awareness Exhibition, World Diabetes Week initiatives in a timely manner.
- Organise and market overseas treks, third party fundraising events and similar events to completion.
- Provide organisation and promotional support to the local Regional Development Officer and volunteer support groups for local public education/information events/initiatives as required.
- Undertake the day to day office duties and maintain the premises as required
- Attend relevant training courses as required
- Submit quarterly regional activity reports.
- Input data into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with a quality approach to accurate, up-to-date record keeping.
- Manage online donations and fundraising platforms.
- Effectively deal with verbal enquiries from members, the general public, healthcare professionals and others about diabetes and Diabetes Ireland when required, completing any follow-up action necessary.
- Undertake other duties from time to time as deemed appropriate by the CEO.