|Job Title:||HR Manager - Part-time|
|Contact Name:||Aileen Fitzgerald|
Galway based company have a vacancy for an HR Manager- 2.5 days per week
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the operational and strategic management of the Human Resources Function for the company's Ireland logistics operations. This role will be supported by 2 full-time HR Administrator and a part-time payroll assistant to execute the day to day HR operational requirements. The role is part of the Management Team and the HR Manager will be required on occasion to be available out of hours to address HR operational requirements.
The position provides leadership and direction to all staff in the company (Ireland) through implementing and ensuring compliance with relevant Human Resources regulations, company policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure all HR policies and manuals are up-to-date, in line with best practice and that all staff are aware of the current policies and that they are clear audit trail on updates and circulation.
- Ensure all HR initiatives and programmes are comprehensively rolled, recorded and acted upon correctly.
- Overall responsibility for crew management to ensure that suitability qualified and trained crew are hired and their contractual requirements are maintained to the optimal level within agreed guidelines.
- Work with Heads of Departments to identify and meet their resourcing needs.
- Manage all ER/ IR matters to foster a harmonious work environment.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Provide advice to individual managers when dealing with people related matters that are aligned to our culture and values and aimed to achieve effective outcomes.
- Responsible for developing annual training and development training plans based on budget, feedback, legislative requirement
- Responsible for succession planning activities, support talent and upskilling across the business along with the delivery of local talent plan.
- Responsible for ensuring the Performance Management policy and Procedure is implemented across the business
- Responsible for submitting annual Budgets and Forecasting in line with Budget matrix
- Ensure Monthly reports are submitted in the agreed format and on time. Ad hoc reports as required
Direct reports include:
- Receptionist/ HR Admin
- Payroll clerk Ireland
- HR Administrator
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Human Resources Manager providing a broad range of HR services in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree qualified in Human Resources or a related discipline and/or CIPD member
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with and influence all levels of management with particular reference to change management.
- Self-directed individual with demonstrated experience creating and implementing strategic HR plans.
- High level of experience in HR legislation and processes including statutory process experience.
- Experienced in payroll and employee benefits.
- Experience of a unionised environment is a distinct advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and relevant software applications
- Well-developed management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with personnel above and below this role level.
- High-level negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- High level of business and report writing skills.