|Job Title:||HGV Mechanic|
|Contact Name:||David Walsh|
Our client is seeking to employ a skilled and experienced HGV Mechanic for their depot in Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To perform routine maintenance on our fleet
- Electrical and engine troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Capable of working with Volvo & Mercedes vehicles
- Engine and transmission repairs
- Perform incidental welding operations and other mechanical repair work as required
- Perform inspections and test mechanical units
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Provide training and advice to apprentices and co-workers as required
- Ability to use power and hand tools related to motor vehicle service and repair
- Health & Safety regulations and procedures, including suitable lifting techniques.
- Appropriate use of all specialised and associated equipment to include familiarity with hand tools, power tools, welders, grinders, air and hydraulic jacks, tire repair equipment, etc.
- Methods used in a programme of preventative maintenance and general maintenance.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Qualified Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic (HGV Mechanic) Level 6 Preferred
- CVRT trained (Preferred but not essential)
- Minimum 3 years’ post apprentice experience repairing Volvo, Scania and/or Mercedes trucks
- Strong diagnostics capabilities with ability to use computers
- Organised & self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated team player with a strong sense of commitment to the team
- Fully equipped CVRT ready workshop
- Vehicle diagnostic equipment (Training will be given if required)
- Vehicle brake testing equipment, Laser wheel alignment, etc
- Competitive basic salary
Interviews are being held ASAP
Please apply with CV or call David or Luke today for more details on 091 546700
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available