Health & Safety Officer
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Officer|
|Duration:||Fixed Term Contracts|
|REF:||Health & Safety Officer|
|Contact Name:||David Walsh|
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer on a fixed-term contract.
Functional Area: Operations
Career Framework Title: Quality Technical Support 2
Internal Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Job Level: 05
The role has responsibility for providing effective safety support and advice to management and site employees in the areas of site health, safety and environment. The scope of the role includes the development and review of key EHS programmes to ensure they are effective and support the compliance of legal and other requirements.
This position reports to the Quality Manager.
You will have responsibility for ensuring compliance with existing and evolving regulatory and company EHS requirements and expectations. You will also be responsible for leading all safety assessments for process introductions in addition to identifying continuous improvement opportunities to improve the overall EHS site performance and culture.
- Ensure that relevant site-specific EHS programmes, policies and systems are in place to ensure compliance with all legal EHS requirements and Corporate programmes with specific emphasis on process safety management, process hazard analysis, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, accident and injury reporting, contractor management and change control.
- Ensure ongoing evaluation of changes in safety regulatory requirements. Develop and implement site positions and strategies to ensure 100% compliance with all current and future safety requirements as and when they arise.·
- Advise on the safe operation of all processes. Provide technical safety support to Production, Maintenance Engineering and support Business areas.
- Provide leadership and direction with regards to the site’s environmental programme. This also includes review and maintenance of documentation and practices to ensure compliance with the existing EN ISO14001 Standard Certification.
- Conduct investigations into process and site incidents and accident, recommending corrective and preventative actions where applicable.
- Support the review of new processes and evaluate changes to existing processes for potential EHS hazards and/ or concerns. Provide safety and industrial technical support to the introduction of new processes.
- Support the review and assessment of site modifications. Provide technical safety input to the design and construction, including impact on automation. Participate in pre-startup EHS reviews and equipment walk-downs.
- Assist in the provision of technical safety training.
- Assist in completion of periodic self-assessments. Conduct independent inspections of facilities and practices, as required, for conformance with the site, Corporate and/or statutory safety requirements. Ensure operations are carried out in accordance with required standards of safety and in adherence to all relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ongoing training, development and management of direct reports.
- Manage the Site EHS Inspection Programme and fulfil the EHS requirements of the Site Internal Audit Schedule for the purpose of identification of hazards, programme deficiencies trends.
- Liaise with EHS regulatory agencies (HSA, EPA etc.) as necessary
- The EH&S officer plays a pivotal role in business processes, involving all site staff functions and must, therefore, have a high degree of personal effectiveness in dealing with high volumes of information, pertaining to a wide variety of business issues.
- Dynamic individual with a ‘can-do ‘attitude, prepared to take responsibility, be flexible and motivated & drive results.
- Excellent Leadership skills is a key priority in this role
- Working knowledge and experience of Environmental Management Systems and Safety Management Systems within a manufacturing facility.
- Familiarity with emergency response planning and management, in addition to fire protection systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, and highly motivated
- Ability to work effectively with team members to achieve high compliance levels.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Quality/ISO audit requirements.
- Capability to become familiar with the day-to-day operations of the business and the staff, as well as the equipment and materials used.
- Degree qualified in Health & Safety/Environmental Management or related discipline
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role essential
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Medical Device Manufacturing environment is desirable
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available