|Job Title:||General Surgical / Medical Nurses|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Cox|
Our Client St George Hospital is based in South East Sydney Local Health District, and are looking for experience Registered Nurses in Medical / Surgical services to join their expanding facility. St George is undergoing a $300m development which will involve the opening of brand new clinical service units, with state of the art technology and equipment.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the total care of the client, including:
- Observe patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Provides a holistic approach to patient care, ensuring family members are kept up to date and supported appropriately.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatments and examinations of patients.
- Managing patient care plans and prioritizing needs for individual clients, in accordance with time available.
- Ensure crisis situations are responded to appropriately in a calm, effective manner.
- Emergencies are responded to and managed according to policy and procedure.
- Communicate within a MDT, in a clear manner, during handover, patient reports and presenting patient information.
- Write required reports and records, ensuring records are completed in required format and timeframes are observed,
- Supervise enrolled nurses and assistants in nursing/ personal carers in the delivery of client care.
- Follow and ensure compliance with accepted professional Infection Control guidelines and practices.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff, clients and visitors.
- Pursue own professional development, enhance supervisory skills and keep abreast of all changes and professional requirements.
- Registered General Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (MNC).
- A Minimum of two years experience in General Medical / Surgical nursing within an acute hospital environment.
- Must be currently working within an acute setting.
For further information and an application pack contact Elizabeth on 087 125 1531 or email email@example.com