|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||Salary NEG, DOE|
|Start Date:||Permanent role, ASAP|
|Contact Name:||Brid Connolly|
We are recruiting an Engineering Manager for a leading manufacturing client in Galway.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you would be responsible for the Lean and Innovation programs within the Company and head up the Maintenance and Facilities function. We require circa 5 years’ experience in a similar role
The post-holder will be required to demonstrate capability across a broad scope of activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establish a robust continuous improvement system
- Develop and deliver programs improving efficiency and quality in day to day operations
- Identify technologies, products and materials not currently in use in the plant that could add value to the Organisation in expanding our capability and product offering
- Play an active role in identification and achievement of cost reductions on an on-going basis
- Develop and maintain KPIs for your department with a view to meeting or exceeding annual objectives
- Interact with global team with a view to sharing and obtaining knowledge that can be used to drive improvements in Efficiency, Quality and Innovation
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Passionate about lean implementation with a solid track record of success
- Strong engineering and technical expertise
- Highly curious about innovative products and processes with a history of bringing these into an organisation
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Good communicator
- Ability to create and execute improvement and innovation plans efficiently
- Advantageous to have collaborated with government agencies on project implementation
- Experience in thermoforming, die cutting, HF welding and automation advantageous
A competitive salary & benefits package is offered (to include mobile phone, laptop, medical insurance and contributory pension scheme), based on experience.