|Job Title:||Critical Care Nurses -ICU / ITU|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Cox|
Our Client St George Hospital is based in South East Sydney Local Health District, and are seeking experienced ICU / ITU nurses to join their expanding facility. St George is undergoing a $300m development which will involve the opening of brand new clinical service units, with state of the art technology and equipment.
The role of the critical care nurse is to provide continuous, high level care for critically ill patients and their families, this can include:
- Working in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team of doctors, consultants, physiotherapists and various other specialists to ensure optimal patient care.
- Monitoring life support equipment, attending to wounds, responding to changing patient conditions and providing advanced life support.
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating highly specialized nursing care, using a holistic approach.
- Presenting the medical team with an accurate picture of patient’s status through clear communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to make clinical judgements quickly as patients in ICU are often unstable and can experience rapid physiological decline.
- Assisting physicians during procedures, checking patients’ vital signs, taking blood samples, administering medicines, managing ventilation and life support equipment and ordering diagnostic tests.
- Ensuring a safe transition when an ICU patient is discharged and transferred to another unit in the Hospital.
- Adhere to the Code of Professional Practice and Behaviours.
- Registered General Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (MNC).
- A minimum of 18 months post registration experience with 12 months working within a critical care environment within an acute hospital within the last 3 years.
For further information and an application pack please email your CV to email@example.com or call Elizabeth on 087 125 1531