Accountant-Fixed Term Contract- 8 months
The post holder will support the FC in the performance of her role by coordinating cross functional activities, strategic initiatives, operational planning and performance monitoring, policy development and implementation, review and enhancement of financial control and governance environments, committee and project activities, governance of subsidiary and related companies, financial risk management, quality reviews and staff development programmes.
The post carries a strong analytical and report writing function that demands a broad knowledge of financial management and related regulatory requirements, significant ICT capacity and experience as well as a sensitivity to the public nature of the organisation's finances. The requirement to produce and manage information may extend beyond the realms of pure finance. The preparation of non standard financial and related information and reports is a feature of the role e.g. project proposals, policy statements, committee papers, responses to parliamentary questions and Comptroller & Auditor General reports etc.
- To develop and manage risk assessment routines for the department’s area ensuring appropriate testing and reporting of same
- To monitor overall financial control systems, including checks and balances and related audit and other review reports, to ensure that appropriate standards, best practice and compliance (with relevant regulations and legislation) are adhered to and required actions are implemented
- To undertake reviews and projects as required and to monitor and /or enhance specific activities of importance from time to time and to develop related policy
- To manage company secretarial activities for subsidiary and related companies and to undertake reviews of such operations as required from time to time
- To research and prepare non standardized financial and related information in a timely and professional manner including project proposals, policy statements, at hoc Reports, responses to public requests of information and/or reports etc
- To develop and implement enhanced office management and web technology to improve communication, information management and the general operation of the department
- To develop, prepare and review major financial reporting suites including Strategic Planning exercises, Operational Planning and Performance Monitoring, Quarterly Report, Benchmarking Exercises, Quality Self Assessment Reports etc
- To assist in the research and preparation of financial reports
- This post requires a professionally qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a large and complex environment in areas of financial management including analysis, interpretation and reporting of financial and related results, report writing and project management.
- The successful candidate must have experience in financial governance and risk management together with excellent ICT and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with public sector operations would be a distinct advantage