Process Technician (Injection Moulding)
|Job Title:||Process Technician (Injection Moulding)|
|Contact Name:||Harry ruane|
Injection Moulding Process Technician (Ref: PT-O-01)
Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with at least 5yrs experience. Working primarily in Injection Moulding Processing, s/he will play a key role ensuring that productivity within the manufacturing area is maximized at all times. The successful individual will also be required to support processes outside of the injection moulding area, in pad printing, ultrasonic welding, and other assembly processes.
- Proactively work to the production schedule to maximize productivity.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to support the production schedule & drive process improvements.
- Take direct & daily ownership of assigned process setup areas, highlighting any challenges, and liaising with Engineering & Tooling groups to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the tooling group to actively work to the SMED initiative.
- Install tooling in Injection Moulding Machines, and process within established process settings.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to support validation activities.
- Support process qualification IQ/OQ/PQ and Injection Moulding process troubleshooting.
- Rapidly respond to sudden manufacturing requests.
- Perform TPM on process equipment in line with the Preventative Maintenance system.
- Maintain equipment logs to document process performance, actions taken etc.
- Ensure jigs, fixtures and tooling is handled appropriately during the process setup phase.
- Ensure that safety of personnel and in particular that equipment safety guards and features are in full working order before process is released to production.
- Proactively identify challenging process, equipment etc., and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support data capturing and trend analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- At all times, maintain a culture of continuous improvement, while adhering to required standards of housekeeping, GMP, GDP and safety.
- As required, execute design of experiments (DOEs) to optimize manufacturing process performance.
Academic Requirements & Experience:
- Qualification in Equipment Processing / Polymer Engineering / Science or related discipline preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of injection moulding equipment, tooling and design.
- Experienced in validation execution beneficial.
- Knowledge of quality standards and expectations within the medical device industry.
- Excellent attention to detail in oral & written communication
- Experienced in SOP generation, and training of staff with same.
- Good communication skills and capable of working in a cross functional team.
- Knowledge of plastics processes, resins, tooling, & GMP considerations.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available