|Start Date:||April / May 2019|
|Duration:||Dependent on Visa|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Cox|
About the Role:
We have a number of vacancies for Midwives. North West Private Hospital is part of Healthe Care Australia Pty Ltd for the last 12 years and has served the northwest community of Tasmania since 1988. The hospital has 48 beds and offers services in acute medical, surgical, psychiatric and obstetrics. NWPH is unique in having a contract with the Tasmanian Government to provide all inpatient care for public patients on the North West Coast of Tasmania as well as caring for private patients
North West Private Hospital is located in the coastal city of Burnie, Tasmania, with a population of just under 20,000 means that it is a small town feel in an urban environment. Average rental prices are $255 per week, and the average price for a house in Burnie is $279,000. Summer averages temperatures of 20-25 Degrees, with the winter getting as cold as 10 - 15 degrees! The best part is that Tasmania is just over a hour flight to Melbourne.
North West Private Maternity Services
At North West Private Hospital, our midwives work across all in-patient maternity services. Including Inpatient Antenatal, Delivery Suite, Postnatal care. Special Care Nursery where neonates are delivered from 34 weeks.
We care for:
- Level 1 (babies who need to develop a healthy weight before discharge) and,
- level 2 (babies over 32 weeks gestation who require a high level of care). Our level 2 neonatal care service is equipped with the latest technology and medical facilities.
We do have babies at earlier gestation that require care and transport to NICU in Hobart.
Midwives working at NWPH are able to participate in the Know Your Midwife Scheme (KYM) with our private obstetricians to provide continuity of care for women
Minimum Requirements for the Role:
- 3 - 5 years experience as a Midwife in public or private hospital in Ireland / UK
- AHPRA registration or AHPRA in Principle
- Eligibility for TSS or PR visa.