|Job Title:||HR Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Aileen Fitzgerald|
Exciting new opportunity for HR Administrator in Galway
The HR Administrator will act as the first point of contact for all HR administration and queries in the HR department.
- Ensure up to date policies and procedures for the company are maintained under the guidance of the HR Manager.
- Administrator a comprehensive human resources policy and procedures manual with a clear audit trail on updates and circulation.
- Assist the HR Manager to roll out HR policy and HR initiatives
- Maintain electronic and paper-based personnel files for all staff
- Ensure all employee Job descriptions are up to date, issued and signed.
- Coordinate recruitment process within agreed budgetary limits.
- Complete the administration of recruitment activity including screening CV’s, reviewing job specs, advertising vacancies, interview coordination etc.
- End-to-end administration of the on-boarding process, including reference checking, background screening, contract generation, managing internal approval process, preparation of starter packs, inductions, employee file due diligence, etc.
- Carry out induction process for new employees in line with Company procedures.
- Ensure probationary reports are conducted by the appropriate line Manager in a timely fashion, ensuring that feedback acted upon as appropriate.
- Ensure that all employees are presented with options for joining the company’s pension scheme as permitted.
- Ensure that each employee is appraised annually in line with the timelines agreed and that the feedback from these appraisals is acted upon.
- Ensure that all shore employees’ certification is up to date and that this is recorded centrally which is regularly audited for compliance.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, ensure annual training and development plans are carried on a yearly basis.
- Ensure all information that might impact payroll is passed to finance as soon as it becomes known.
- Ensure correct paperwork completed, including an exit interview where appropriate for all leavers
- Ensure Monthly reports are submitted in the agreed format and on time. Ad hoc reports as required
- Pull Working time reports from the Time Management system
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 3 years experience as an HR Officer, HR Administrative Assistant or similar role
- To be successful in this role, the candidate must have solid organizational skills and be familiar with the HR function
- Degree qualified in Human Resources or a related discipline and/or CIPD member
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Basic knowledge of labour legislation
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and relevant software applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- High level of integrity and confidentiality