|Job Title:||Clerical Officer|
|Contact Name:||Aileen Fitzgerald|
|Contact Email:||Aileen Fitzgerald|
Clerical Officers required for 1-year fixed-term contracts.
Entry level positions working as part of a multi-disciplinary teams to provide administrative support and customer service across the broad range of front line services as well as internal services.
The ideal candidate will also be a highly motivated person, with a strong sense of commitment to delivering quality public services.
The ideal candidate should also have a proven track record in the following areas :
- Administration and clerical work-essential
- High level of proficiency in keyboard skills-essential
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Customer service experience;
- Team working;
- Operation of IT systems and standard office software packages;
- Ability to plan and prioritise work effectively;
- Acting on own initiative;
- Working under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- It is highly desirable that candidates would have previous public sector/civil service experience in a comparable post.
The duties of the post will include but is not limited to the following:
- Dealing with customers at a variety of levels through various means of communication;
- Supporting line manager and colleagues;
- Working as part of a team to deliver the services of the organisation;
- Processing applications for services in accordance with the organisation's policies procedures and plans;
- Carrying out a range of administrative tasks including photocopying, preparing letters, documents/presentations for public circulation, typing, attending meetings and minute taking, report/returns preparation, filing, arranging meetings, receipting/balancing payments including cash, handling internal/eternal mail;
- Operation of the financial system and other local government systems;
- Participating in the Performance Management Development System;
- Completing all essential training successfully;
- Any other duties that may be assigned as part of the overall functioning of the relevant Department.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available