Limerick Clare Education and Training Board
View available courses:
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to perform beauty therapies to the ITEC L2 standard.
On successful completion of the programme, learners may progress into higher education and training or to employment.
- Education: Either of the following is essential: Educated to Leaving Certificate Pass or Honors Standard. OR Previously achieved an ITEC / CIBTAC module in the Beauty Therapy field.
- Aptitude: Students should havd a caring personality with a creative outlook and an eye for detail. Good communication skills are essential along with being self motivated and focused on learning.
- Previous Experience: Not necessary but any previous experience in a salon is an advantage.
- Work Practice
- Professional Conduct And Business Awareness
- Make Up
- Manicure And Pedicure
- Skincare And Eye Treatments
On successful completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Plan and achieve realistic work goals
- Understand the legal and health and safety and professional requirements involved in a beauty therapy business and understand how to operate a successful business.
- Perform skincare and eye treatments to the ITEC L2 award standard.
- Perform make up and beauty treatments to the ITEC L2 award standard.
- Perform manicure and pedicure treatments to the ITEC L2 award standard.
- Perform waxing treatments to the ITEC L2 award standard.