Moving to Australia for a UK / Irish Midwife
Midwife roles in Australia:
Step 1 - AHPRA Registration
- AHPRA is the authority that processes your nursing registration in Australia.
- You cannot work over there as a nurse without registration.
- The UK and Ireland are listed as countries that ‘will likely’ pass the AHPRA registration process.
- It normally takes approx. 8 – 12 weeks for AHPRA registration (if all documentation is completed correctly).
- Once you have been approved you get an AHPRA ‘ in principle’ Letter.
Generally, you have 3 months from the date of this letter to travel to Australia to present your ID and validate your AHPRA registration.
Here is a quick guide for AHPRA Registration: Watch Video.
Step 2 - Find a Job before you Travel
- Using ICE Jobs/ICE Group to find a job is free, and we will support through the recruitment process.
- The recruitment process can take up to 6 - 12 months from date of interview (depending on your visa situation) to make the move to Australia.
Step 3 - Australian Visas
Take a look at our dedicated landing page for Australian Visas to get the most concise information.
Meet Catherine, a Mothercraft Nurse with Hurstville Private Hospital
Contact Elizabeth email@example.com or call +353 91 546 700 for more information.