|Job Title:||Research Support Officer-Finance|
|Start Date:||Jan 25th 2021|
|Contact Name:||Aileen Fitzgerald|
We have a new 4 month temporary contract position in Galway - read on to see if it's the right role for you.
The main purpose of the role is to provide professional financial supports to colleagues, researchers (budget holders, principle investigators etc.) and their teams in line with the organisation's policies and procedures on the management of the research funding lifecycle. The Research Accounts Office (RAO) is a dynamic unit that continually changes to meet the needs of its internal and external customers.
The post has a crucial customer-focus remit, which demands proactive daily engagement with colleagues, researchers, their teams and external funders of research and auditors. This is achieved, in large part, by identifying and providing required financial reporting and related financial management tools.
- Complex financial reports and Invoices preparation & submission based on external research funders terms & conditions
- Complex budget reviews & approvals
- Calculation of Research partner funds
- Research ledger account activation and closing
- Management of researcher queries and implementing corrective action as necessary such as posting journals, processing no cost extensions etc.
- VAT reporting
- Staff management and development
- Review and signoff of work prepared by more junior members of the team
- Principal Investigator training & upskilling
- System review & testing
- Liaison with Internal and External Auditors
- Act in a professional manner in accordance with policies, procedures, and processes
- Lead or be part of project teams on process and efficiency reviews
- Any other duties as assigned by line management
The holder of this post will meet the following criteria:
- 4 years experience in a finance support role with responsibility for finalising periodic reports
- Excellent knowledge and experience of using IT systems across a range of tools, especially Excel
- Proficiency in budget management, review, and control
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong numeracy and accuracy skills
- Ability to work within a team setting and evidence of effective contribution
- Demonstrable experience of readily encouraging & embracing change resulting in an enhanced customer experience
- Experience of being a project lead or identifying, refining, and embedding a process within an office to increase efficiency
- Demonstrable excellent planning & time management skills
- Excellent judgement in dealing with multiple stakeholders
- High level of motivation, initiative, and drive
- Experience of working with Agresso Accounting Package
- Proven track record in presenting to customers
- Experience of staff supervision
- Proven track record in the provision of training
- Accountancy qualification
Contact us today if you are the right person for this role.