|Job Title:||R&D Packaging Engineer|
|Contact Name:||David Walsh|
Our Client is currently on a lookout for for an R&D Packaging Engineer to join their Galway site on a 23 month defined term contract.
Assists in the development of packaging labelling for Medical Device products. Compiles, analyses and reports test and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or legacy product packages, labelling or materials
- This individual will be responsible for the design and co-ordination of packaging & labelling activities for New Product Development (NPD) and Sustaining Engineering (SE) of legacy products, packaging and labelling. This will include product package design, product labels, DFU’s (Direction for Use) and packaging specifications. Some knowledge of EU MDR requirements would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge of symbol requirements for ISO 15223: 2016 for customers requiring labelling for medical devices
- Creation, change and control of all labelling and packaging components to support R&D in the plant.
- Some knowledge of ISO 11607-1 & 2 :2013 requirements would be an advantage.
- Liaise with vendors on specifications for package and label components
- Communicate to Teams and Management on the progress of labelling and packaging projects
- Liaise with Sister divisions to ensure a consistent approach to labelling and packaging
- Communicate with various departments within the company on packaging related projects
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Liaise with various translation companies for the translation of text used in all labelling and packaging components.
- Good understanding of Packaging & Labelling Design Element requirements within a regulated industry
- Bachelors (Hetac Level 8) in relevant discipline
- Three to five years' experience in a Medical Device or other regulated industry
- Some knowledge of ISO 11607, ASTM D6198 and ISO 15223
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills