Quality Assurance Technician
|Job Title:||Quality Assurance Technician|
|Duration:||Fixed Term Contracts|
|REF:||Quality Assurance Technician|
|Contact Name:||David Walsh|
We are currently recruiting for a new position for a Quality Assurance Technician on a fixed-term contract.
Functional Area: Operations
Career Framework Title: Quality Technical Support 2
Internal Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Job Level: 05
The primary purpose of this position is responsibility for assuring consistent production quality standards by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems, validating processes, performing audits, handling system improvements, providing documentation, and managing staff.
This position will report to the Quality Engineer.
- Work as part of the Quality Team in validating quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production, documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualification, and writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Assists in developing quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; and monitoring inventories.
- Creates testing procedures to ensure that quality standards are being met.
- Performs regular inspection tests on product, equipment, and materials to verify that everything is functioning properly and efficiently and that there are no quality concerns or safety hazards.
- Ensures all employees in the business unit are following safety procedures and quality control standards are being met.
- Calibrates and cleans equipment in the workplace so that all equipment & machinery continues to operate safely and at peak performance.
- Optimizes revenue by assisting in reducing waste and finding more efficient methods of conducting business.
- Participates in quality improvement projects in line with the principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Identification & optimum allocation of production resources, i.e. people, equipment, time, etc
- Provides direction and support to manufacturing team members
- In conjunction with the Trainer, ensures that all employees are adequately trained, aware of, and complying with Quality & EHS procedures
- Assists and provides input in maximising efficiencies and performance on production cells
- Work with other departments to ensure cross-functional goals are satisfied
- Dynamic individual with a ‘can-do ‘attitude, prepared to take responsibility, be flexible and motivated & drive quality improvements.
- Good knowledge of product process flow.
- Ability to recognise problems in the assembly process and to address those problems.
- Ability to work effectively with team members to achieve high-quality production within tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain detailed, accurate and organised records.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Quality/ISO audit requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal customers (external also, if applicable).
- Capability to become familiar with the day-to-day operations of the business and the staff, as well as the equipment and materials used.
- 5+ years’ experience in an operations environment.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Experience working in a Medical Device Manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience with QA measuring and testing equipment
- Past work experience in a quality control position
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: On Application
Production Operator (Co Leitrim)
Salary: On Application
Process Operator - (Day Shift)
Salary: Discussed On Enquiry
Process Operators - Night Shift
Salary: Salary Explained on Enquiry