Principal Quality Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Quality Engineer|
|Contact Name:||David Walsh|
Our client is searching for a Principal Quality Engineer who will develop, establish and maintain quality engineering systems and practices which meet customer and regulatory requirements. The selected candidate will serve as a Quality representative to improve awareness, visibility, and communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities. They will provide focused quality engineering support within new product development, operational, or system/services support.
- Exercises a high degree of technical autonomy through developing robust and comprehensive processes for investigation of complaints, which complies with all current medical device standards such as 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485, MDD and MDR.
- Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing scope specifications.
- Develops solutions to diverse business problems of high complexity which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has specialized knowledge of various alternatives and their impact on the business.
- Leads system improvement teams using a variety of different methodologies and selecting appropriate techniques for problem-solving and process improvements.
- Works without appreciable direction on highly specialized projects with long-range quality objectives. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignments. Selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion. Develops departmental policies and procedures, new techniques and standards. Works with partners within Post Market Quality Assurance and across BSC organisation to reach goals.
- Has overall responsibility for generating project deliverables and timeline with specific milestone inputs from the responsible individuals within the team. Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity. Initiates or maintains the schedule for projects milestones and shares/elevates to stakeholders and leadership team, as appropriate.
- May lead specialized project teams which have a broad impact on the company utilizing cross-functional resources.
- Serves as a consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, projects, or objectives. Uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse high tension situations, particularly with senior-level internal and external contacts.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program/project and participates in the development of others by facilitating training and providing feedback and guidance.
Requirements - Qualifications & Experience
- HETAC Level 8 qualification in a STEM subject with a min. of 8-10 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstration of high proficiency in problem-solving/ process improvement and project management skillsets and application.
- Knowledge of product design, manufacture, functionality and/or clinical use environment. Experience of Structural Heart product design or manufacturing and/or Angiographic image review experience would be an advantage.
- Experience of laboratory controls, equipment sourcing, and validation would be an advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills and organisation skills
- Demonstration of taking initiative to drive improvement and change.
- Proven ability to work well with teams but also to work with minimum supervision.
- Hepatitis B Vaccinations course required to work with returned decontaminated product.
- Ability to travel occasionally internationally for applicable assignment or meetings.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available