Packaging Supervisor - Evening Shift
|Job Title:||Packaging Supervisor - Evening Shift|
|Contact Name:||Aileen Fitzgerald|
Our client in Corrandulla in Co Galway currently have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Supervisor on the Evening Shift to join their growing team and business. Working closely with the Operations Manager, the Evening Shift Supervisor will be expected to be a self-starter and motivated individual who can work on their own initiative and bring new ideas to the business as it continues to grow. We are looking for somebody who can adapt to the business from the outset and take ownership of the role immediately.
You will be observant and proactive, continuously assessing the process to improve the smooth running of the order packing operation.
- All aspects of the order packing operation
- Packing customers orders
- Allocating resource based on daily operational requirements.
- Assisting in rostering staff and signing off and planning for holiday cover.
- Accommodating personal requests for time off
- Juggling many part-timer staff to ensure adequate resource.
- Understand costs, mainly labour.
- Motivation and communication of key improvements to the packing team,
- Present at the weekly meeting with the operations manager, update on labour and issues relating to packing
- Ensuring all packing is organised to facilitate smooth order fulfilment.
- Ensure all cleaning rotas are signed off.
- Maintain packing shed by organizing operations and procedures.
- Recording and improving packing procedures.
- Assist in developing new systems to ensure packing efficiency.
- Manage the packing area to ensure it is tidy and compliant with food health and hygiene regulations.
- Maintain packing efficiency by ensuring processes and systems are being followed correctly.
- Maintaining packing supplies and ordering as necessary.
- Ensuring staff are compliant with all safety regulation.
- Team building and management
- Coaching and supporting new member of the packing team in addition to completing annual reviews.
- Maintaining a good flow of information between all departments, such as drivers, farm, quality, procurement and admin.
- Supervisory experience/People management (teams of up to 15 people)
- Worked in a busy warehouse environment that required multitasking.
- In assisting in setting rosters and rotas.
- In using all Microsoft office-based IT systems.
This experience would be a clear advantage
- Track record in improving efficiency.
- You will be able to adapt to a fast-moving and high energy culture, be friendly and approachable, but also highly professional. If you have developed excellent skills in team management, time-management and have an ability to juggle conflicting priorities this the role for you
- Lively enthusiastic person who can cope well under pressure
- Self-motivated-able to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills-written and oral, able to deal effectively with all groups of people
- The successful candidate will be required to exercise flexibility and undertake additional responsibilities as requested by your Manager.
- 5 days
- Remuneration will be paid at a competitive hourly rate.
- 4 weeks paid holiday.
- No city traffic.
- Flexibility and the ability to work longer hours will be required.
- We are open on most bank holidays so this will be a normal working day.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Product Builder - Evening Shift
Salary: Excellent Salary
Warehouse Operative - Night Shift
Product Builder - Day Shift
Salary: Excellent Salary
Product Builder - Night Shift
Salary: Excellent Salary with Shift Premium
Process Operators - Night Shift
Salary: Salary Explained on Enquiry