|Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|Start Date:||March 2021|
|Duration:||3 Years Fixed Term Contract|
|Contact Name:||Heather McGowan|
Are you Passionate about Tourism in the North West and looking for a Senior role in this exciting and fast-paced industry? Maybe you are looking to move back to the North West and take up your new office with the Beautiful Wild Atlantic way as your backdrop?
Our client, Sligo Tourist Development Association (STDA), is currently seeking an Operations Manager to assist with the Operations, Business Planning and Project Co-ordination for the organisation.
STDA operates two Caravan Parks in the Sligo area- Rosses Point Caravan Park and Strandhill Caravan Park. It is an Organisation made up of 14 voluntary Board Members.
This role will report directly to the Board of Sligo Tourist Development Association. If this role sounds like the next big opportunity you were looking for, keep on reading.
What are the day-to-day Tasks?
- Monitor the overall operation of both caravan parks, continually improving standards to ensure complance with Fáilte Ireland registration requirements.
- Roll out and project lead the implementation of a new online booking system across both caravan sites.
- Provide timely and accurate updates to STDA Board of Directors on the operational performance of the Caravan parks, and propose improvement projects to maximise ongoing performance.
- Attend Board of Director meetings and liaise with Board Secretary to ensure all meeting reports / documents (minutes etc.) are provided to the board for approval in a timely manner.
- Liaise directly with accountants/ auditor to ensure STDA are compliant with all annual returns, and any statutory obligations.
- Handle any HR queries or issues with HR policies and procedures, in a timely matter and updating the board where appropriate
- Establish and maintain periodic Key Performance Indicators for each park
- Co-ordinating projects in conjunction with existing partners (Fáilte Ireland, Leader, Sligo Tourism, and Sligo Co. Council) to assist in the development of tourism in Sligo.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- A true North West of Ireland Advocate who loves to take their own initiative and is a self-starter.
- Relevant third level qualification or equivalent e.g. Business, Marketing, Tourism / Hospitality background with relevant industry experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisation, with the ability to prioritise tasks and achieve set deadlines.
- Strong IT user, who has the ability to use various IT systems to create operational efficiencies, especially within a remote working environment.
- An ability to work independently, be self-motivated, be able to plan and manage resources
- Demonstrated financial management ability, who can develop and work to achieve clear annual targets.
The closing date for applications is 15th of January and interviewing will take place in mid-February. If you wish to apply, upload your CV & Cover Letter directly to this Job Advertisement or send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to speak to the recruiter for this role, call 071 91 69097 and ask for Heather.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available