|Job Title:||Moulding Engineer|
|Location:||Enniscrone, Co. Sligo|
|Contact Name:||Heather McGowan|
Our client Inmo Tech Ltd. is a contract Injection Moulding company. It was set up in 1985 in Enniscrone, Co. Sligo, and has established an excellent reputation in Precision Moulding of technically challenging products, reliability and customer service.
We are recruiting for a Moulding Engineer on behalf of Inmo Tech. This will be a site-based position, and you will be responsible for overseeing the Performance Qualification of 20+ Injection Moulding machines ranging from 50 T up to 200 T, as well as implementing process improvements on existing processes, and implementing cost improvement ideas within the Moulding Department of Inmo Tech.
- Relevant third level qualification (NQF level 8) in Polymer, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years' experience in similar role.
- Experienced in injection Moulding, Mould Tooling, and diagnostics, repair and maintenance of all related equipment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office (excel, word, powerpoint etc.)
- Highly proficient in Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with ISO13485:2016 standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and meticulous record-keeping capability
- Experience working in MedTech or Medical Device production environment would be a distinct advantage i.e., knowledge of clean rooms, validations etc.
- Good understanding of electrical & hydraulic diagrams
- Basic understanding of PLC programming / control
- Experience using / setting up process monitoring devices (RJG / Kistler) would be an advantage
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Develop and improve moulding processes for new and existing products
- Install all new injection moulding equipment and complete relevant documentation on processes for all molded parts
- Perform maintenance and repair work on injection mould machines as required
- Execute Performance Qualifications for new molded components and collect data for PQ reports
- Assist with development and implementation of Quality Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and other manufacturing related documentation
- Continuously analyse and inspect moulded parts and ensure compliance to all customer requirements and report any non-conformances.
- Provide daily support to and collaborate with other Engineering functions within the organisation as required.
- Provide technical support to customers, process technicians, and design engineers when developing new mould designs
- Monitor all manufacturing processes and ensure the optimisation of all Injection moulding equipment
- Adhere to ISO 13485:2016 standards at all times.
- Perform root cause analysis and other LEAN Manufacturing principles for all injection molding activities
- Respond to customer complaints and initiate action to prevent recurrence of non-conformities related to the product, service, processes, or the quality system.
The above outline is not intended to be a finite list of all responsibilities involved and the successful applicant may be required to undertake other duties as appropriate to the role from time to time.