|Job Title:||HR-Recruitment & Contracts|
The post holder will be assigned to either the Recruitment or Contracts team depending on the workload and needs within the team.
6-month contract - knowledge of Core and fluent Irish required
- Responsible for the operation of the monthly HR/Payroll function (Core HR), i.e. the accurate, timely, and complete processing, recording, and reporting of monthly, and other payroll data. The post holder will ensure all post appointments/renewals/salary changes/ amendments/cessations, etc. for a particular period have been completed in Core Post Management and Core HR for accuracy on the Payroll system.
- Preparation of appropriate employment contracts and conditions of appointment for permanent and temporary contract employees covering academic and non-academic grades, research staff, part-time assistants, seasonal recruits, and issuing renewals as well as new contracts.
- Ensure that all the necessary documentation and approvals have been received prior to advertising a post.
- Set up recruitment competitions on the Core system.
- Responsible for advertising posts both internally and externally.
- Management of recruitment campaigns.
- Management and monitoring of applications for work permits for Non-EU nationals.
- Ensure that all internal checks and controls are adhered to.
- Issue correspondence to all candidates following interview.
Co-ordinate and prepare, in conjunction with the HR Manager, reports and statistics for University Management.
Provide advice to Heads of Schools/Support Units to ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures (recruitment or contracts).
Produce accurate and timely reports from the Core HR system.
Ensure that all internal checks and controls are adhered to and monitor same on an ongoing basis.
Participate in Interview panels as appropriate.
Undertake other tasks and project work as required by the HR Manager, to contribute to the achievement of objectives of the work unit.
Proactively keep abreast of developments in employment law, best practice in Recruitment and Selection, Equality, and HR matters generally, and ensure relevant changes required to documentation in relation to the implementation of any such changes are updated accordingly.
Any other duties within the HR Recruitment & Contracts/HR Team function that may be assigned.
Requirements for the Role
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Good knowledge of Core HR/Payroll system and CORE BI, or an equivalent HR system.
Previous experience in the provision of Human Resources and/or Recruitment services.
The post holder will integrate as a member of a busy office team and should be committed to a team approach and to quality in the delivery of the service.
The post holder must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in the delivery of the service.
The post holder must have the ability to adhere to strict deadlines and this can mean working under constant pressures.
Ability to work on one’s own initiative and manage a number of issues simultaneously.
Post holder must use discretion to ensure HR policies and procedures are adhered to while at the same time deal with sensitive information regarding staff members as discretion and confidentiality are of the utmost importance.
Written and oral competence in Irish at A2 level (at least) on the Common European Framework of Reference for Language Learning (enclosed). Applicants, who have not previously satisfied this criterion on recruitment to their post, will be required to complete an Irish assessment within 12 months of appointment.
Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
A minimum of two years’ employment experience, which demonstrates a high level of administrative support in a demanding office environment.
The post holder must be self-motivated and capable of working on his/her own initiative, be well organised and flexible, capable of prioritising and planning work, and responding to urgent requests.