Evening Shift Supervisor
|Job Title:||Evening Shift Supervisor|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brennan|
Our client, an Organic Farm, currently have an exciting opportunity for an Evening Shift Supervisor to join their growing team and business. Working closely with the Operations Manager, the Evening Shift Supervisor will be expected to be a self-starter, a motivated individual who can work on their own initiative and bring new ideas to the business as it continues to grow. We are looking for somebody who can adapt to the business from the outset and take ownership of the role immediately.
You will be observant and proactive, continuously assessing processes to improve the smooth running of the order packing operation.
- All aspects of the order packing operation
- Packing customers orders
- Allocating resources based on daily operational requirements.
- Assisting in rostering staff and signing off and planning for holiday cover
- Accommodating personal requests for time off o Juggling many part-timer staff to ensure adequate resources.
- Maintain optimal efficiency
- Motivating the packing team and communication of key improvements
- Regular meetings with the operations manager, update on labour and issues relating to the packing
- Ensuring all packing is organised to facilitate smooth order fulfilment.
- Ensure all cleaning rotas are signed off.
- Assist in developing new systems to ensure packing efficiency.
- Manage the packing area to ensure it is tidy and compliant with food health and hygiene regulations.
- Maintaining packing supplies and ordering as necessary.
- Ensuring staff are compliant with all safety regulations.
- Team Building & Time Management
- Coaching and supporting new members of the packing team
- Completing annual reviews
- Maintaining a good flow of information between all departments: logistics, farm, quality, procurement and admin.
- Ability to multitask
- Effectively manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent people skills
- Highly organised, with great attention to detail.
- Good communicator
- Experienced people manager
- Supervisory experience/People management (teams of up to 15 people)
- Worked in a fresh food/busy warehouse environment that required multitasking.
- In assisting in setting rosters and rotas.
- In using all Microsoft office-based IT systems.
This experience would be a clear advantage
- Track record in improving efficiency.
- Worked in the organic sector and/or the fruit and veg sector.
- You will be able to adapt to a fast-moving and high energy culture, be friendly, approachable, and professional.
- You have developed excellent skills in team management, time-management and can juggle conflicting priorities
- An energetic person who works well under pressure
- Self-motivated - able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral, able to deal effectively with all groups of people
- The successful candidate will be required to exercise flexibility and undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Company.
- 5 days
- Remuneration will be paid at a competitive hourly rate.
- Healthy discounts on our lovely fresh organic vegetables.
- 4 weeks paid holiday.
- No city traffic.
- Flexibility will be required.
- Open on most bank holidays so this will be a normal working day.
How do you prepare for a video interview? Check out our blog for some tips based on our experience in ICE Group.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Product Builder - Evening Shift
Salary: Excellent Salary
Warehouse Operative - Night Shift
Product Builder - Day Shift
Salary: Excellent Salary
Product Builder - Night Shift
Salary: Excellent Salary with Shift Premium
Process Operators - Night Shift
Salary: Salary Explained on Enquiry