Engineering Process Technician
|Job Title:||Engineering Process Technician|
|Duration:||Fixed Term Contracts|
|REF:||Engineering Process Technician|
|Contact Name:||David Walsh|
We are now recruiting for the position of Engineering Process Technician in Galway.
Functional Area: Engineering
Career Framework Title: Operations Engineering Support 2
Internal Job Title: Engineering Process Technician
Job Level: 05
The Engineering Process Technician will work as part of a team to ensure the quality of processes and products and will support manufacturing in achieving daily production and quality targets.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Supports Manufacturing Engineering in the design and implementation of manufacturing systems layout to respond to fluctuations in customer demands.
- Ensures that manufacturing processes are controlled and maintained in a manner consistent with the product quality requirements of the customer/business.
- Liaises effectively with Engineering and Test functions on matters pertaining to the technical aspects of the products.
- Functions as the focal point for all product data-related technical issues and works with other functions and suppliers in the resolution of issues
- Interacts with the Engineering Team to resolve problems and increase the quality and yield of the product data release process.
- Identifies specific causes for issues in process and test and provide solutions for corrective and preventive action.
- Works with the team to ensure maximum availability of equipment and processes.
- Provides technical support and direction to Production Supervisors and Operators.
- Provides senior-level technical expertise for Preventative Maintenance (PM) teams and completes PM tasks on schedule
- Drives process improvements through the utilization of new systems and methods. Supports initiatives to improve process/equipment performance.
- Initiates and leads cross-functional team investigations for yield and quality issues.
- Gives clear communication to the wider team of process performance.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to reduce scrap and improve yields.
- Receives, logs, and converts Customer’s product data into formats used by site systems (Bills of Materials, preferred supplier information, and Engineering Change Orders).
- Ensures that the finished product meets the customers’ requirements.
- Technical Competence with a hands-on practical approach.
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing and general processes an advantage.
- Capable of reading and understanding product/test specifications.
- Innovative, motivated team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited direction.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Participate in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in a structured, logical way.
- Ability to enter detailed data from source documents into various databases with speed and a high degree of accuracy.
- ERP system (SAP) knowledge an advantage. Experience and Qualifications:
- Certificate/Diploma in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working as a Process Technician.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in Medical Device AND/OR Automation Industry
- Knowledge of the following: MS Office Applications.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Process Operators - Night Shift
Salary: Salary Explained on Enquiry
Process Operator - (Day Shift)
Salary: Discussed On Enquiry
Enniscrone, Co. Sligo
Salary: On Application
Enniscrone, Co Sligo
Salary: On Application
HR & Recruitment Specialist