Electrical Instructor – Apprenticeship
|Job Title:||Electrical Instructor – Apprenticeship|
|Contact Name:||ICE Jobs|
Are you an Electrician available to deliver professional training for all aspects of Phase 2 of the Standards Based Apprenticeship to the prescribed standards and in accordance with the relevant syllabus?
Take a look at the Electrical Instructor – Apprenticeship role available in Galway
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct the apprentices in all aspects of phase 2 of the standards based apprenticeship i.e. practical skills, personal skills, relevant maths, science and drawing, related knowledge and hazards, to the prescribed standard and in accordance with the relevant syllabus
- Prepare lesson plans, course notes, presentational material and handouts as appropriate
- Schedule, conduct, correct and mark assessment/tests in accordance with the relevant assessment programmes and carry out associated administrative tasks
- Provide appropriate additional instruction and schedule, conduct, correct and mark repeat assessments in accordance with the prescribed referral procedure
- Maintain prescribed course records
- Supervise apprentices and ensure that correct, quality standards and safety procedures are observed
- Supervise apprentices in respect of their timekeeping, attendance, behaviour and application
- Prepare and issue progress reports to the employer in respect of apprenticeship
- Ensure adequate security of tools, equipment, machines and materials located in the training area
- Ensure that equipment and machines are maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommended maintenance schedule
- Plan and ensure the timely delivery of all course material and non-capital tools and equipment
- Raise requests for the purchase and supply of course material and non-capital tools and equipment
- Ensure that course materials are used in an economical and cost effective manner
- Use new technology as appropriate to assist in delivering and administering training
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Skills and Experience
- 3 years post apprenticeship experience in the relevant occupation/trade.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation within the industry.
- Experienced in work related administrative skills (e.g. estimating, ordering materials, quality systems)
- The candidate will understand the totality of the job and be prepared for any unforeseen situations that may arise.
- Having the necessary coping skills to deal with conflict, motivational & disciplinary problems associated with training.
- A good standard of general education
- Technical training to a standard that will allow the candidate to be competent in teaching all theoretical & practical aspects of the occupation/trade, including occupation/craft related drawing, science and calculations.
- Senior Trade Certificate/National Craft Certificate/FETAC Advanced Certificate or equivalent.
- Desirable: Train the Trainer Qualification or equivalent, national diploma or higher, education and training qualification. Safety representative qualification.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available