|Job Title:||Area Manager|
|Contact Name:||Heather McGowan|
Are you on the lookout for your next great challenge in 2020?
Do you possess that hunger to really make a difference and be the driving force behind continuous improvement in your company?
Do you thrive off a fast-paced and highly autonomous position?
.....Look no further!
Our client, a leading homecare provider in the North West is currently looking to fill the role of Area Manager. This exciting and rewarding role will be based in their HQ in Sligo town.
This is a fast paced an exciting role which is very rewarding and motivating for the right candidate.
In this role you will provide overall day to day management of the Home Care Services over a set constituency in the North West. As the Area Manager, you will be required to visit all offices within the zone to ensure smooth running of the day to day business. The amount of travel will solely depend on area needs.
You will be working closely with other departmental managers and the finance team to ensure, that the company’s operations grow within your area and other local counties by actively encouraging a proactive and strategic business development attitude with all levels of the HSE. You will ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all legal and HSE tender requirements and organisational policies and procedures.
As Area Manager, you can expect to be carry out the following tasks:
- Overall Management of the day to day homecare service and make sure they are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices.
- Manage and delegate tasks to the management team effectively
- Ensure the organisation’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Establish methods to increase quality of customer service
- Decision-Making- Whether it is dealing with employees, clients, Directors or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success.
- Liaising closely with the client’s HR advisors and office mangers in all disciplinary issues. Also representing the organisation in any legal staffing issues ie WRC hearings or other.
- Assisting with all new office set ups and liaising closely with new managers on the ground
To break it down, the ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Honesty, trustworthiness and integrity- these are absolutely crucial for the role. A huge amount of trust will be expected to allow you to profit the most from this role.We need you to be a natural LEADER. This role will entail the daily management of 5 office managers. You will have to be supportive and encouraging and possess the ability to assert authority when necessary. Previous management experience is key for this role. Minimum 5+ years of experience in a managerial role within a similar industry.
- You need to be able to manage your time extremely well and be able to prioritise.
- Excellent people skills and approachability are two essential elements for this role. Managing remotely requires the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to ensure smooth running of the business and also so managers can feel comfortable to approach you with any issues they have.
- Ability to analyse financial data would be a distinct advantage for this role. The ability to analyse the company’s performance and find areas for improvement is expected and encouraged.
Your contracted hours will be 40 hours a week. This will include flexible working patterns depending on what is best for the business and areas that you are managing.
Salary will be depending on expereince
20 Days Annual Leave
In the role of Area Manager for the company, our client is willing to provide any training they feel is needed for your potential growth within the role. These will include and not be confined to:
- Training workshops/courses
- One-to-one coaching and support on specific objectives / challenges
- Support from Directors in all aspects of the role and also to encourage the Area Manger to pursue appropriate opportunities to develop their knowledge of the working environment
- Being an active member of homecare committees (HHCI), professional associations and participating in industry forums
For a confidential chat, don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be more than happy to answer any queries you may have.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available