Registered Nurse – Medical / Surgical
If you are a fan of the Flying Doctors series from the 1980's, and love the outdoor lifestyle of hiking, camping and nature, then this role could be seriously improving your career and lifestyle Zen
Nursing in rural Australia is community and patient centred, which gives a real sense of purpose. Nurses are able to practice within a safe and collaborative environment, but equally need to be able to work autonomously on the ground. The patient population is small but diverse and Nursing staff really get an opportunity to flex their clinical skills. Find out more, as this could be the move you need to make!
Dungog Community Hospital
- A small rural community hospital with an Emergency Department service supporting the local community
- 12 bedded subacute inpatient ward.
- Dungog is supported by a team of GP's
- Recently re-developed, with excellent upgrades to patient and staff facilities / accommodation.
- Referral pathways and Telehealth support are provided by the Maitland and John Hunter Hospitals which is less than an hour away.
Dungog as a Location:
- Located in the middle of dairy and timber country, it has a population of just over 2026people.
- Beautiful national parks, bush walks, bike trails and loads of free camping facilities.
- It is inland, but getting to the coast is just over an hour (Newcastle, Nelson Bay, Hawks Nest)
- Average price for a 3-bedroom house is $530,600 (2021)
Benefits of the Role:
- Nursing in a rural community
- Variety, diversity and autonomy of patients
- Nursing within acute and sub-acute settings.
- Fully supported by primary and secondary care medical teams.
- Opportunities to develop into Nurse Practitioner roles.
Requirements of the Role:
- Must have 3 years’ experience as an RN, working with medical / surgical patients.
- Ideally have some exposure to Emergency Department work.
- AHPRA Registration
- Experience in UK / Ireland health settings.