Industry: Tourism & Hospitality
Contact Name: Heather McGowan
Contact Email: Sligo@icegroup.ie
The Role at a Glance
Are you a Senior Operations Professional seeking to get away from behind the desk and out along the Wild Atlantic Way in 2023? Is it your time to put work life balance and lifestyle first?
Maybe you are looking to move back to the North West and take up your new office with the Beautiful Strandhill Beach as your backdrop?
This unique and one-off type of role, allows you to combine your love of Tourism, Outdoors and Nature with your Senior Management experience and passion for Business Operations.
Our client, Sligo Tourist Development Association (STDA), is currently seeking an Operations Manager to assist with the Operations, Business Planning and Project Co-ordination for the organisation.
STDA operates two Caravan Parks in the Sligo area- Rosses Point Caravan Park and Strandhill Caravan Park. It is an Organisation made up of 16 voluntary Board Members.
This role will report directly to the Board of Sligo Tourist Development Association. If this role sounds like the next big opportunity you were looking for, keep on reading.
What are we looking for in our candidates?
- The successful candidate will most likely possess a relevant third level degree qualification and/or relevant experience in the tourism / hospitality field.
- Strong written, verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organisation, with the ability to prioritise tasks and achieve set deadlines.
- Strong IT user, who has the ability to use various IT systems to create operational efficiencies. Experience using CRM systems, Camp Manager would be a distinct advantage
- An ability to work independently, be self-motivated, be able to plan and manage resources.
- Demonstrated financial management ability, who can develop and work to achieve clear financial targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
What are the day-to-day Tasks?
- Management of two Caravan Park Supervisors, acting as point of contact for any issues that require escalation.
- Monitor the overall operation of both caravan parks, continually improving standards to ensure adherence to Industry requirements.
- Coordinate and manage project budgets, providing regular updates to the Board of Directors in relation to current spend or any other changes to project plans
- Provide timely and accurate updates to STDA Board of Directors on the operational performance of the Caravan parks, and propose improvement projects to maximise ongoing performance.
- Ensure full adherence to Hygiene and Safety in accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Dealing directly with company’s external HR advisors to handle any HR queries or issues with HR policies and procedures, in a timely matter.
- Develop and maintain periodic Key Performance Indicators for each park
- Co-ordinating projects in conjunction with existing partners to assist in the development of tourism in Sligo.
- Identify potential new initiatives to increase the benefit to the local economy of an increased tourist spend.
The closing date for applications is 18th of January and interviewing will take place in February. If you wish to apply, upload your CV & Cover Letter directly to this Job Advertisement or send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
If you wish to speak to the recruiter for this role, call 071 91 69097 and ask for Heather.
Tourism & Hospitality
At ICE Jobs, we have 50 years of experience in helping people to find the career that suits them best. With both permanent, temporary and contract jobs in Manufacturing, IT & Technology, Accounting, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Healthcare, Office Support, Engineering, Construction, Driving & Logistics, and Languages sectors – we are the go-to company to help you ascend your career ladder.
Beginning with a small team in Galway in the West of Ireland in 1972, ICE Jobs are now in a number of locations including Sligo, Limerick, Dublin in Ireland, and well as across the globe in Sydney, Australia.
The company motto is ‘We Change Lives’ - and that’s exactly what we aim to do - for both employees and employers. If you’re at the beginning of your career looking for direction on your path, or an established multinational looking for talented people, ICE Jobs are here to get you started.
With expert recruiters and a direct connection to in-house training partners, ICE Jobs has the answers to all your career questions.
Apply Now MSLETB Have a requirement for a number of Caretakers positions in Mayo and Leitrim Areas. Positions are part-time...
Apply Now Our public sector client in the Education and Training field is recruiting a Human Resources Clerical Officer to...
Apply Now Executive Assistant-Galway Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Managing Director of a 150-person professional services firm,...
Lead Production Operative - Weekend Nights
Apply Now Lead Production Operative - Weekend Nights The Opportunity: Work as part of a...
Lead Production Operative - Weekend Days
Apply Now Lead Production Operative - Weekend Days The Opportunity: Work as part of a...
Maintenance Electrical Technician - Weekend Night Shift
Apply Now Maintenance Electrical Technician - Weekend Night Shift The Opportunity: This is an opportunity to be part of...
Goods Inward Officer
Apply Now Goods Inwards Officer The Opportunity: In this role, you will be responsible for the correct...