Mental Health Nurse
Contact Name: email@example.com
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Nurse – Mental Health
This role, based in Sydney, Australia involves providing day to day mental and physical healthcare requirements of patients within forensic mental health rehabilitation environment. The Registered Nurse must integrate therapeutic goals with security requirements through constant appraisal of organisational processes and nurse-patient relationships to ensure that opportunities for therapeutic endeavour are maximised.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high secure environment through prevention, surveillance, monitoring and early intervention.
- Foster a high standard of patient care and health care delivery carrying out a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of individual and groups within a patient focused framework.
- Implements planned nursing care to achieve identified outcomes within scope of competency.
- Evaluates progress toward expected outcomes and reviews and revises plans in accordance with evaluation data.
- Utilise and promote reflective practice models, such as Clinical Supervision to promote self-awareness and development of self and colleagues.
- Comply with the NSW Mental Health Act 2007, the NSW Mental Health (Forensic Provision) Act 1990, Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998, and other relevant legislation.
- Utilise de-escalation skills to prevent aggressive behaviour and intervene and manage situations requiring a coordinated response to incidents within The Forensic Hospital.
- Facilitate consumer and carer participation in care planning and delivery, wherever possible.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by line managers.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Nursing, with 12 months in Mental Health.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the relevant legislation and relevant practice standards
- Demonstrated interest or experience nursing in a highly secure environment.
Benefits of working in Sydney
- Sydney is Australia’s most populated city, which means it’s always bustling and there’s always something happening.
- Every year, Sydney welcomes a large number of international students, so you’ll always feel connected to a big support network.
- Take a wander around the thriving city parks, bars, cafes and entertainment precincts. Each month, you’ll be sure to stumble across a wide variety of exciting cultural events such as markets, dance events, art exhibitions or fireworks displays. Plus, most events are completely free.
- If you opt to work in Sydney, it goes without saying that not all your time will be spent in the office. In your spare time, there’s no better place to be than one of Sydney’s gorgeous beaches.
ICE Group's Guarantee
Moving country and job can be stressful, even if it is what you want! ICE Group have been supporting Nurses and Midwives transition successful to Australia for over 20 years. We guarantee to support you in the different steps within the recruitment process so you don't have to do it all on your own. From a survey of our last overseas campaign, 100% of the Nurses and Midwives we placed would recommend ICE Group to a friend, so we must be doing something right. If your dream is to work in Australia, let ICE Group help you make this dream come through. Apply now and find out where to start!
At ICE Jobs, we have 50 years of experience in helping people to find the career that suits them best. With both permanent, temporary and contract jobs in Manufacturing, IT & Technology, Accounting, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Healthcare, Office Support, Engineering, Construction, Driving & Logistics, and Languages sectors – we are the go-to company to help you ascend your career ladder.
Beginning with a small team in Galway in the West of Ireland in 1972, ICE Jobs are now in a number of locations including Sligo, Limerick, Dublin in Ireland, and well as across the globe in Sydney, Australia.
The company motto is ‘We Change Lives’ - and that’s exactly what we aim to do - for both employees and employers. If you’re at the beginning of your career looking for direction on your path, or an established multinational looking for talented people, ICE Jobs are here to get you started.
With expert recruiters and a direct connection to in-house training partners, ICE Jobs has the answers to all your career questions.
Apply Now Office Administrator-Oranmore, Galway Permanent role Duties include but are not limited to General Office...
Apply Now Midwife - Southern New South Wales Local Healh District Southern New South Wales Local Health District are recruiting for Midwives...
Registered Nurse Theatre
Apply Now Registered Nurse Theatre - Southern New South Wales Local Healh District Southern New South Wales Local Health District are recruiting...
Registered Nurse Mental Health
Apply Now Registered Nurse Mental Health - Southern New South Wales Local Healh District Southern New South Wales Local Health District are recruiting...
Registered Nurse ED
Apply Now Registered Nurse ED - Southern New South Wales Local Healh District Southern New South Wales Local Health District are recruiting...
Registered Nurse ICU
Apply Now Registered Nurse ICU- Southern New South Wales Local Healh District Southern New South Wales Local Health District are recruiting...
Registered Nurse (Med/Surg)
Apply Now Registered Nurse (Medical Surgical) Southern New South Wales Local Healh District Southern New South Wales Local Health District are...