Reporting directly to the Managing Director of a 150-person professional services firm, the ideal candidate will have a high capacity for work and the ability to manage multiple priorities across a wide variety of tasks, projects and responsibilities. They will be personable but professional, and confident in their own abilities and will thrive in a busy, diverse role. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on tasks, using their own judgement, and must be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and sound judgment.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Screen, organise and prioritise incoming emails and other communications and requests, and determine appropriate course of action; referral or response to closure.
- Coordinate and manage an active calendar of scheduled appointments and meetings, manage preparation and logistics for scheduled items, while ensuring time is also allocated for completion of tasks.
- Identify and implement improvements in how calendar is managed over time.
- Compile documents for meetings and events, and record follow-up opportunities and deliverables for further action.
- Effectively and accurately follow or relay instructions and requests.
- Manage purchasing, payments, travel bookings and arrangements, with responsibility for related credit card reconciliation and expenses.
- 5 years + previous experience in an Executive Assistant or Support role to Management essential
- Excellent IT skills, with proven experience of using Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Sharepoint to a very high level, and using multiple cloud-based storage services for storing, organising and sharing data.
- High capacity multi-tasker, with proven ability to grasp and stay across a wide range and of tasks and projects,
- Proven ability to consistently deliver, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Highly organised and methodical in ability to prioritise and track to completion, tasks, actions and deliverables, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with people internal and external to the company.
- Effective and clear communicator, with excellent written communication skills, spelling and grammar.