Registered Nurse – ED, Critical Care / HDU
We have a really interesting role based in Cessnock Hospital, which is in the Hunter Region of New South Wales. Lets find out more:
Cessnock the Location
- Largest town in Australia's oldest wine region.
- 1 hour by road west of Newcastle
- In the heart of the Hunter Valley Wine Country
- Thriving calendar of events including festivals and outdoor concerts.
- Newcastle Airport is within easy reach for when you want to explore Australia.
- 2 hours north of Sydney
- Median house price for 3 bed house is $535k (nearly half the prices of Sydney homes).
Cessnock the Hospital
- Acute 63 bedded hospital facility.
- Provides General Medicine and Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, Gynaecology and postnatal care.
- Offers a 24-hour emergency department service
- Supports the Cessnock and surrounding districts with allied health community services.
Role of Registered Nurse – ED / Critical Care
- Operating within this small but busy hospital requires a Registered Nurse, with experience in Acute Medical and Surgical services.
- Working within the ED team, as well as supporting acute patients throughout their journey.
- Develop the opportunity to work across the patient journey from presentation, admission, treatment to discharge
- Working collaboratively with the Medical Team, MDT and Allied Health services.
- Opportunity to develop clinical skills across a varied and diverse range of patients.
- AHPRA Registration
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse, with 12 months in ED or critical care areas.
- Must meet visa eligibility requirements.